Our Brain and Spinal Injury department are looking for a NQ to 1 year qualified solicitor or chartered legal executive to join them working from our Doncaster office.
About the Role
The role will involve working closely with a senior associate and assisting them on traumatic brain injury claims. The case types will vary from road traffic accidents, to employers and public liability claims.
Candidates would be expected to assist in the following (a non-exhaustive list):
- Frontline contact with our clients, providing regular updates and feedback. In our team we pride ourselves on being readily accessible to our clients and in mediums which suit them best, whether that be email, telephone, whatsapp, Zoom or face-to-face
- Preparing letters of claim and liaising with opponents to secure rehabilitation and interim payments for clients
- Instructing experts
- Instructing case managers and rehabilitation professionals
- Co-ordinating and liaising with multi-disciplinary teams of rehabilitation professionals
- Analysing evidence on liability and quantum
- Drafting documents, including statements, pleadings and schedules of loss
- Assisting with marketing, business development and networking
- Ideally, we are looking for candidates who have some experience in catastrophic injury claims and are familiar with the demands and scope of what this work entails. They must also show a desire to help vulnerable clients who have gone through traumatic accidents, and therefore must be able to demonstrate an aptitude to communicate and empathise with them effectively
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a familiarity with case management systems and processes is essential
- Candidates must be a team player, good communicator and be well organised.
Switalskis Solicitors have a strong presence across Yorkshire having 12 office locations. We have around 400 staff and are proud to offer great salary packages together with generous benefits which include the BUPA Wellbeing Health expenses plan, Group insurances including, Life Insurance, Critical Illness and Income Protection cover, a Company Pension Scheme, and Perkbox membership.
We offer a wide range of fantastic staff benefits, please view our careers page for full details.