Working as part of the wider Projects Training Team, and reporting into the Business Requirements and Training Manager, you will support the Firm's strategic objectives through the design, development and delivery of a range of in-house training solutions.
The role is a full-time position and candidates must be willing and able to travel across our various offices to meet business demands as necessary.
No Recruitment Agencies please
About the Role
As the IT Trainer your role will be to teach and educate our staff on how to use the IT suite of applications and software we develop and deploy across the business. There will be support available in terms of the direction and design of the training material, but all of the content, inputs, order and engagement will be down to you.
We are looking for an individual who can help ensure that all training material is designed and delivered in a manner which meets the specific requirements for each area and ensures that our staff are sufficiently trained to reduce any support required from the team once a go-live takes place.
We are a fast-moving team, work well together and have to deploy training across a large organisation, at pace, whilst retaining high quality and user adoption rates.
There will be a requirement to work from any of the Switalskis offices as required by service demands.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the Projects Trainer undertakes:
- Work with the Business Requirements and Training Manager, plus the Project and Resources Manager to deliver the IT Training Strategy.
- Develop and maintain course materials, training documents such as hand-outs, manuals and exercises using eLearning.
- Maintain appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation.
- Work with the support team to capture training issues and produce knowledge.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes.
- Deliver induction training on the use of SOS Connect, Microsoft Office packages, the Intranet, the phone system and other applications / software to all new starters plus role specific, as relevant.
- Report to Management where further training requirements may be identified for individual or teams of staff.
- 2+ years in a similar IT Training role, with demonstrable experience providing training on a complex system, ideally in a legal environment
- Proven experience of designing and delivering IT training including induction and ‘one to one’, within a professional services environment in a confident and professional manner.
- An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common desktop applications and systems.
- A thorough working knowledge of MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Switalskis offer a wide range of fantastic staff benefits, please view our careers page for full details.