Are you interested in a career in Law?
In this highly competitive sector, work experience is a vital step if you are planning to pursue a career in law.
Students undertaking a work placement at Switalskis will gain a wide range of experience and the opportunity to improve their knowledge of the legal services industry. Your placement will involve job shadowing different lawyers, enabling you to gain a valuable insight into the workings of several legal departments.
There are two types of work experience programmes available: placements for A-level or equivalent level students, and summer placements for university students.
1. A-level / college students
- Available to anyone studying A-Levels or equivalent at local colleges.
- Applications should be made via your careers advisor at college or sixth form.
2. University students
- Open to any 2nd year student on an undergraduate law programme.
- Placements will take place during June / July 2017.
- Successful applicants will spend 2 days in each of the following departments: Child Care Law; Child Abuse Claims; Clinical Negligence; Conveyancing; and Wills and Probate.
- Applicants will be selected based on merit. In your application please provide details of:
- A-levels achieved
- Previous work experience
- Extra curricular activities / volunteering
- Applications for summer 2017 placements are now closed. Check back for details of summer 2018 work placements.