Get expert insights into developments in the Court of Protection at this full-day annual review of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Date: Thursday 10 October 2019
Venue: The Principal Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
Cost: £110 plus VAT
How to book: Purchase your tickets via Eventbrite – please CLICK HERE to visit the event page.
Note: Free places are available for registered charities. Please contact the team on the details below for information on how to book your free ticket(s).
If you have any questions about your booking, please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rhiannon Moore on 01924 882000.
This year’s conference will include:
- The Honourable Mr Justice Hayden – MCA and MHA overlap when dealing with medical treatment cases
- Neil Allen, 39 Essex Chambers – Inherent Jurisdiction v Court of Protection
- Parishil Patel QC, 39 Essex Chambers – MCA Amendment Bill
Lorraine Cavanagh QC, St John’s Buildings – Child Care and CoP crossover
- Dr David Milnes – Social Media and the CoP
- Victoria Butler-Cole QC, 39 Essex Chambers – Case-law Update
Plus breakout sessions:
- Safeguarding hosted by James Bannon JP, Statutory Advocate, Together: for mental wellbeing
- Removal of Financial Deputy hosted by Alex Guy, Director & CoP Panel Deputy (Switalskis Solicitors)
- Insight and mental capacity hosted by Professor Wayne Martin, Essex University.