Professional, experienced specialists in all aspects of Criminal Law
We can represent you in a variety of complex criminal cases. If you require a specialist to help you, our highly experienced and approachable Criminal Law Solicitors at Switalskis can provide you with the advice necessary to obtain the best result possible.
Get in Touch
Professional legal representation for Criminal Law proceedings
Our experts are here to ensure that your case is fought thoroughly and fairly. Being prosecuted for any criminal offence can be an intimidating and challenging time in life. Our solicitors understand this and will provide you with the support and guidance needed throughout. We will represent you and keep you updated with information at every stage, from an initial police station inquiry through to any trials and sentencing.
What kind of cases can Switalskis help with?
We can defend you in many areas of criminal law, including serious and violent crime, as well as fraud. Collectively the team have many years' experience and it includes a barrister and two Solicitor Advocates, meaning that we can represent you before courts at all levels.
This gives you peace of mind that you will receive consistent advice if you need to take your case to a higher court as our lawyers can represent clients at all levels including the Court of Appeal.
Our range of expertise includes:
- Fraud & Business Crime - Our Business Crime Unit specialises in serious fraud and business crime, as well as providing representation in regulatory investigations and actions. We will help try to reduce the possibility of serious penalties.
- Motoring Offences - Losing your licence can have serious consequences and impact upon your family life and employment. If you are being prosecuted for a motoring offence, we will deliver the necessary advice to help minimise the impact the offence has upon you.
- Police Station Representation - If you have been arrested we can represent you when you need it most at the police station. All advice at the station is free and we offer a 24-hour emergency callout service.
Our Criminal Law Specialists
How are cases funded?
Our exact fees will vary, depending on your specific circumstances. We are able to offer legal aid in select cases.
For representation at a single hearing for a guilty plea and mitigation, in relation to summary only offences under Part 1 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 or s89 Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.we charge a fixed fee of £480 (inclusive of VAT)
This fee is subject to the following:
- We can only offer this service within West Yorkshire. We may be able to offer it elsewhere but this could incur additional costs, which will need to be agreed with us beforehand.
- The £480 fee is only for attendance at court on the day of the hearing. If a 1 hour office appointment is required prior to the court hearing then the fee will increase to £600 (incl VAT).
- The above fees do not cover ‘special reasons’ hearings
- In addition to our fees, you may need to pay disbursements, such as the costs of instructing an expert.
Please contact us if you have any query about any aspect of our fees or would like to agree a fee for your specific circumstances.