What our clients say…
I felt comfortable with Ruth and I trusted her. Ruth kept me up-to-date with every detail. I would strongly recommend Switalskis, and Ruth in particular.PL
Speak to our specialist Clinical Negligence Team
Our medical negligence solicitors are experienced in dealing with claims involving General Practitioners and can help you to find out what went wrong and, if appropriate, to secure compensation.
General Practitioners are the first point of contact for almost all our medical problems. When they get things wrong, the consequences can be serious. If you or a family member has suffered illness or injury as a result of bad advice or what you believe to be substandard medical care from a GP, you may be entitled to compensation.
Types of complaints about GPs which can sometimes be grounds for a medical negligence claim include:
- Failure to examine, investigate or diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis of a serious condition
- Errors in prescriptions or drug treatment
- Failure to arrange an appropriate and timely referral to a specialist,
- Failure to arrange an emergency hospital admission
- Failure to provide a home visit, particularly in cases of non-specific illness where the patient’s history could indicate a serious cause
How our Medical Negligence Solicitors proceed in GP cases.
It can be difficult to establish whether General Practitioner has been negligent. Our experienced medical negligence solicitors will ask a series of questions which will help us, and you, to get closer to a full explanation of what happened in your case. In particular, we may ask whether the GP:
- treated the condition in a reasonable manner
- conducted a thorough enough examination
- recorded an adequate history of the patient and the condition
- should have arranged for a home visit, hospital admission or a referral to a specialist
- communicated effectively with other medical professionals in order to avoid mismanagement of the your care
Friendly, professional and understanding medical negligence solicitors
At Switalskis Solicitors, we understand that cases of medical negligence can be sensitive matters, and can cause significant distress to our clients. We balance the delivery of a professional and efficient legal service with a client-focused approach. We will keep you informed at every stage of our investigations, and work hard to help you find out what happened and, where appropriate, to secure compensation for your suffering.
If you or a family member has suffered as a result of what you believe to be your GP’s negligence, contact our specialist clinical negligence solicitors to discuss your case on 0800 138 0458 to arrange your free initial consultation, or complete our contact form.