Get expert insights into developments in the Court of Protection at this full-day annual review of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Date: Thursday 21 September 2017
Venue: The Principal Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
Cost: £100 plus VAT. Free places are available for registered charities.
Who should attend? Advocates, IMCAs, professionals working in community care, adult social care, health care, voluntary organisations and charities.
The venue is located next door to York train station. To view a map, visit: https://www.phcompany.com/principal/york-hotel/contact-us/.
This year’s conference speakers are:
- Panel discussion chaired by The Honourable Mr Justice Baker.
- Sophy Miles, Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers – Best Interests after N v ACCG
- Julie Hine, Solicitor, Office of the Official Solicitor – Between the Acts
- Neil Allen, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers and Lecturer at the University of Manchester – Anyone for sex?
- Christian Walsh, MCA DoLS lead for Leeds City Council, BIA and ISW – Are Local Authorities licking their LPS?
- David Lock QC – Funding for Health and Social Care in the Court of Protection
- Joseph O’Brien, Barrister, St John’s Buildings Chambers – HRA Claims: Are they worth it?