Get expert insights into developments in the Court of Protection at this full-day annual review of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Date: Thursday 21 September 2017
Venue: The Principal Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
Cost: £100 plus VAT. Free places are available for registered charities.
Who should attend? Advocates, IMCAs, professionals working in community care, adult social care, health care, voluntary organisations and charities.
The venue is located next door to York train station. To view a map, visit: https://www.phcompany.com/principal/york-hotel/contact-us/.
This year's conference will include:
- Panel discussion chaired by The Honourable Mr Justice Baker.
- Sophy Miles, Barrister, Doughty Street Chambers - Best Interests after N v ACCG
- Alastair Pitblado, Official Solicitor to the Senior Courts - Placing the Person at the Heart of Decision Making
- Neil Allen, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers and Lecturer at the University of Manchester - The Retreat from Cheshire West
- Christian Walsh, MCA DoLS lead for Leeds City Council, BIA and ISW - Are Local Authorities licking their LPS?
- David Lock QC - Funding for Health and Social Care in the Court of Protection
- Joseph O’Brien, Barrister, St John’s Buildings Chambers - HRA Claims: Are they worth it?