Get expert insights into developments in the Court of Protection at this full-day annual review of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
Date: Thursday 18 October 2018
Venue: The Principal Hotel, Station Road, York, YO24 1AA
Cost: £110 plus VAT
How to book: Purchase your tickets via Eventbrite – please CLICK HERE to visit the event page.
Note: Free places are available for registered charities. Please contact the team on the details below for information on how to book your free ticket(s).
If you have any questions about your booking, please contact the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rhiannon Moore on 01904 606 250.
This year’s conference will include:
- Bridget Dolan QC, Serjeants’ Inn – Claiming HRA Damages in the CoP
- Elena Hutchinson, Advocate, ONE Advocacy Derby – Advocates: We are all equal but some are more equal than others…
- Joseph O’Brien, Barrister, St John’s Buildings – New Areas of Capacity: Internet / Social Media
- Dr Nick Brindle, Consultant Psychiatrist – Supported Decision Making in Older People
- Neil Allen, Barrister, 39 Essex Chambers – The Mental Capacity (Amendment) Act 2019?
- Her Honour Judge Finnerty
Plus NEW breakout sessions:
- Issues arising in end-of-life decision making: From Liverpool to Strasbourg, the Pope, the President and the Italian Everton supporter hosted by Michael Mylonas QC (Serjeants’ Inn Chambers) and Suzanne Munroe, Solicitor and Director (Switalskis Solicitors)
- The Role of the Deputy hosted by Alex Guy, Director & CoP Panel Deputy and Sam Spain, Solicitor (Switalskis Solicitors)
- The Role of the COP in the Discharge of Restricted Mental Health Patients hosted by Michael Kennedy, Barrister & Director and Heather Matthews, Solicitor (Switalskis Solicitors)