Opportunity for an experienced Costs Draftsman/Lawyer
We're looking to add to our Costs Drafting team. We are flexible on working hours so the position would be suitable for someone either looking for full time or part time work. Location will be agreed dependent on the applications we receive and is likely to be either our Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield office.
Full details can be found below.
No Recruitment agencies please.
- Preparing bills of costs for negotiation and/or assessment within desired timescales
- Advising fee earners in relation to costs recovery and any related costs issues
- Drafting schedules and bills of costs in paying party matters
- Preparing costs budgets (if/when required)
- Dealing with all aspects of the detailed assessment procedure: drafting PODs/Replies, preparing Part 8 costs only proceedings and Provisional/Detailed Assessment requests (if/when required)
- Negotiating settlement of costs and dealing with any issues arising
- Undertaking other costs duties reasonably required by Directors/fee earners
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience of Cost Lawyer/Draftsman role
- Experience in drafting schedules/bills of costs in personal injury matters
- Costs negotiations experience
- Proven IT skills (adept at using CostsMaster or ACL Electronic Bill/Precedent S)
- Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written presentation skills
- Advocacy experience (DA hearings and/or CCMCs)
- Preferably Claimant orientated
- Legal Aid costs experience (not essential, as role will predominantly involve inter partes work)
- Self motivated to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment
- Able to manage a varied caseload of billing and negotiation files and assist other costs team members if/when required
Location is flexible and likely to be at our Leeds, Bradford or Huddersfield office.
All applications must be sent in writing to:
Michelle Paga (HR Manager)
Norwich Union House