New opportunity at our Knaresborough/Leeds offices
We have an unmissable opportunity in our commercial property department for a Law Graduate or LPC Graduate.
The Paralegal role is a full time office based role and the successful candidate could be based in Knaresborough full time or work between the Knaresborough and Leeds offices.
No Recruitment Agencies please
About the Role
The successful candidate will have a sound educational background, a professional presentation, be outgoing and self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
You should have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines with a flexibility to travel in order to work between offices.
Accurate typing skills are essential as if the and the ability to learn how to use a case management and accounting system. A good knowledge of all Microsoft packages and an interest in commercial property law is also essential.
You will have the benefit of receiving excellent quality commercial property transactional work, working directly with a small team of highly respected specialist commercial property lawyers based across our Knaresborough and Leeds offices.
You should have an interest in learning about our business and all its systems and keen be to take on new challenges. Full on the job training will be given in all aspects of the role.
As this is a client facing role and you must have an excellent telephone manner and be aware of what constitutes first rate client focussed customer service.
Main tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Legal work on commercial property matters as detailed on a case by case basis.
- Handling the post-completion aspects of a property transaction.
- Telephone answering and message taking.
- Preparing outgoing post.
- Drafting, amendment and formatting of legal documents in word and excel.
- Scanning and binding of legal documents.
- Photocopying documents including large plans.
- Data input of new clients and contacts into the SOS database of clients and contacts.
- File opening and closure on our SOS case management system.
- Keeping telephone system directory of clients and contacts up to date.
- Maintaining efficient online archiving system for client files.
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of an efficient deeds archiving system for original client documents.
- Maintain an up to date file of instructions as to how tasks are undertaken to build into an departmental manual.
- Making recommendations regarding day to day management of the department
- Responding to new work enquiries raised by potential clients.
Undertake other reasonable tasks or instructions issued by the fee earners within the department, to the best of their ability.
If you believe you have the right skill set for this role and would like to be considered please send your CV to our HR Manager.
Switalskis offer a wide range of fantastic staff benefits, please view our careers page for full details.