We have an opportunity for an experienced IT Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate must be willing and able to work across all our offices, as required.
Candidates should have a solid background in providing IT training, with at least 2 years' experience of working on a complex system.
No Recruitment Agencies please
About the Role
You will support the Firm's strategic objectives through the design, development and delivery of a range of in-house training solutions. As well as supporting with induction training you will manage the creation of bespoke training projects to improve overall knowledge and skill sets.
- Work with the Business Requirements and Training Manager, plus the Project and Resources Manager to deliver the IT Training Strategy.
- Develop and maintain course materials, training documents such as hand-outs, manuals and exercises using eLearning.
- Deliver training on commonly used programs such as Microsoft Office along with specific training on all in-house applications.
- Deliver training to support projects.
- Maintain appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation.
- Work with the support team to capture training issues and produce knowledge.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of training programmes and learning outcomes.
- Designing, developing and delivering in house training sessions.
- Ensuring all staff make effective use of the suite of applications and software
- Learning, testing and monitoring new system updates.
- Dealing with queries in relation to the suite of applications used by the business.
- Learning, testing and monitoring new system updates and changes, using the case management system release notes where appropriate.
- Assisting in identifying future IT training related learning needs within the business.
- Deliver induction training on the use of SOS Connect, Microsoft Office packages, the Intranet, the phone system and other applications / software to all new starters plus role specific, as relevant.
- Deliver a program of continuous training to existing staff in line with identified training requirements and newly introduced features of existing systems.
- Produce new IT training material and review/update existing IT materials to support embedding of delivered training.
- Monitor the feedback given on courses and make relevant changes.
- Report to Management where further training requirements may be identified for individual or teams of staff.
- Assist where required with the testing of new developments to the case management system.
- Participate where required in evaluations of new software for ease of use.
- Exploring features of existing software that may be unfamiliar to current users.
- 2+ years in a similar IT Training role, with demonstrable experience providing training on a complex system
- Proven experience of designing and delivering IT training including induction and ‘one to one’, within a professional services environment in a confident and professional manner.
- Strong technical knowledge of multiple software applications, including knowledge of training a complex system, ideally related to a legal environment.
- An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common desktop applications and systems.
- A thorough working knowledge of MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Experience of working in a fast paced professional environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Experience of delivering training as part of project rollouts (using both waterfall and agile methodologies) and ideally being a Training Lead on projects.
- Experience with eLearning training environments (e.g. Camstasia).
If you think you meet the criteria and would like to join one of the areas leading law firms, we would love to hear from you.
We offer competitive salaries together with a generous benefit package, including Company pension, Bupa Wellbeing plan, Group Income Protection, Group Life Insurance and Group Critical Illness cover.
For more details about the wide range of fantastic staff benefits on offer, please view our careers page for full details.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter to Michelle Paga, HR Manager, 5-7 Ramsden Street, Huddersfield HD1 2SN or by email to HR@switalskis.com