New opportunity at our Knaresborough & Leeds offices
An unmissable opportunity has arisen in the Commercial Property team here at Switalskis.
We are looking to take on a Law Graduate or LPC Graduate as a full-time Paralegal, working between the Knaresborough and Leeds offices.
No Recruitment Agencies please
About the Role
The right candidate should have a sound educational background, have a professional presentation, be outgoing and self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
You should have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines with a flexibility to travel in order to work between offices.
Accurate typing skills are essential as is the ability to learn how to use a case management and accounting system. A good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages and an interest in commercial property law is also essential.
You will have the benefit of receiving excellent quality commercial property transactional work, working directly with a small team of highly respected specialist commercial property lawyers based across our Knaresborough and Leeds offices.
You should have an interest in learning about our business and its systems and be keen to take on new challenges. Full on the job training will be given in all aspects of the role.
As this is a client facing role you must have an excellent telephone manner and be aware of what constitutes first rate client focused customer service.
Main tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Legal work on commercial property matters as detailed on a case by case basis
- Handling post-completion aspects of a property transaction
- Telephone answering and message taking
- Preparing outgoing post
- Drafting, amending and formatting legal documents in Word and Excel
- Scanning and binding legal documents
- Photocopying documents, including large plans
- Data input of new clients and contacts into the SOS database
- File opening and closure on our SOS case management system
- Keeping telephone system directory of clients and contacts up to date
- Maintaining efficient online archiving system for client files
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of an efficient deeds archiving system for original client documents
- Maintaining an up to date file of instructions as to how tasks are undertaken to build into a departmental manual
- Making recommendations regarding day to day management of the department
- Responding to new work enquiries raised by potential clients
- Undertake any reasonable additional tasks requested by fee earners within the department
If you think you meet the criteria and would like to join one of the areas leading law firms, we would love to hear from you.
We offer competitive salaries together with a generous benefit package, including Company pension, Bupa Wellbeing plan, Group Income Protection, Group Life Insurance and Group Critical Illness cover.
For more details about the wide range of fantastic staff benefits on offer, please view our careers page for full details.