Client Care & Our Complaints Policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong you need to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Ruth Coneron, who is the firm’s Director with responsibility for Client Care. You can contact Ruth at:
Switalskis Solicitors Limited
Norwich Union House, High Street
Huddersfield HD1 2LR
Telephone number: 01484 825200
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and setting out our understanding of the issues you are concerned about. In that letter we will ask you to confirm or otherwise our understanding of the nature of your complaint. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- The person dealing with your complaint will request your file of papers from the member of staff who acted in your case and will consider the information in your file of papers in the light of your complaint
- The person dealing with your complaint may ask the member of staff who acted for you to provide their response to your complaint. This response will be sent to the person dealing with the complaint.
4. We may invite you to meet the member of staff and/or the person investigating the complaint, where we will hopefully resolve your complaint.
5. If such a meeting is convened, within five days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
6. If you do not want a meeting or we do not feel a meeting is necessary or appropriate we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter.
7. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can contact us again. We will review the decision. This review may result in the a further proposal for settlement being made or may result in the original proposal being re-put.
- At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint. We will also give you contact information for The Legal Ombudsman. If you are still not satisfied you can contact them about your complaint.
The above procedure in total should not exceed 8 weeks. If this time scale needs to be amended we will contact you to let you know why.