Director & Family Solicitor Allan Layfield is based in Huddersfield
Allan’s family law expertise is accredited by Resolution (formerly the Solicitors Family Law Association). He is an accredited specialist in domestic violence and child law matters. Allan practises in accordance with the Resolution codes of conduct which are designed to promote constructive and non-contentious approach to family law.
Allan was appointed as a Director in April 2015. He joined Switalskis in October 2012, following our merger with Parker Bird Gardner. He has been a member of the family law team at Parker Bird Gardner since 2001 and qualified as a solicitor in 2003.
As a trained collaborative lawyer, Allan offers advice to resolve matrimonial disputes between parties outside of the court process, and is one of the few lawyers in the Huddersfield area to provide such a service.
Allan has expertise in all areas of family law and particular experience in:
- divorce and separation
- division of matrimonial assets
- civil partnerships
- Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act applications
- care proceedings
- emergency injunctions to protect victims of domestic abuse
- child residence and contact (sometimes called ‘custody’ and ‘access’)
- child abductions /specific issue applications / removal of a child from the jurisdiction.
- arrangements for children.